Wednesday 5 August 2009

Vemma, massage and pain.

Had MyVemma dose for the morning and then went to get my sports massage. I explained the injury had returned to my sports therapist and how I got it racing. So she gave me a good sports massage and contcentrated on my upper legs, particularly the top left hamstring area.

As well getting some treatment for the hamstring, she found my iliotibial (it) bands were very tight. I contribute this to cycle rather than running as they get like this in the summer when I cycle lots. I got some rather painful treatment to loosen them up which seemed to do the trick.

Today I decided to brave a run to test things out. Nothing major, just a light jog a mile to the park, go around on the grass a bit and back. I started off and a pain developed in my left leg. Not something Ive experienced before. It was a pain that went in waves shoot right down my left leg.

I couldn't really decide at first if it was the latest injury playing up or something new. When I stopped and walked it went away, but running again soon brought it back. In the park I stretched and jogged lightly on the grass. Running backwards I strangely felt nothing (don't try this on the street folks!).

On getting home and doing some research I think it could be my IT band causing it, as a system is shooting pain down the leg. Ive had some treatment and this may have contributed to this discomfort. I'm hoping its a temporary this. The it band is looser but maybe there's some bruising from the treatment.

Going to try again in 2 days. If its still there I'll go back, or seek advice.


No comments:

Post a Comment