Tuesday 18 August 2009

Duathlon Vemma

The big day was ace but discovered I'd run all out of MyVemma! OK, not really the biggest concern for my duathlon race, but would have been nice to have had a dose on the day of the event.

Here's my entries from my online log......

16 Aug (Add comment)
5.00km (00:20:35) - Running - Race
Castle Combe Duathlon Race - First stage 5km around the track. Ran this well with a good quick beginning. Hamstring started to play up toward the end so stepped off the gas a bit. Good start.

16 Aug (Add comment)
21.00km (00:39:30) - Cycling - Time Trial
Castle Combe Duathlon Race - Second stage was 7 laps (21km) cycling on the race track. Found my bike and had no problems with the transition. This was my favourite section, racing past the slower riders, weaving though the chicanes and trying not to draft anyone. Top speed over 50km/hr according to my bike computer.

16 Aug (Add comment)
3.00km (00:00:00) - Running - Race
Castle Combe Duathlon Race - Last stage was a 3km run around the race track perimeter, which was a track around the course of mixed terrain and with a few ups and downs. Went through bike transition too slowly as not sure when to get off bike. Leg hurt almost straight away as I started run and got worse the more I did. So I slowed right down and a couple of people over took me.

Enjoyed the event and would do it again, but injury free. Fab trophy too for finishers. Think I came 46th (about 100 in it) but Im awaiting the official results for my splits through transition etc.

A couple of days later and the DOMS have hit me but that should be expected. Can't feel any problem really in the hamstring injury today but know I must have made it worse, so I'm taking 2 weeks off running completely. Plan is to follow my sports therapists advice and start slowly back with light jogs at the park on the grass.

This won't stop my cycling though and my next goal can now be ramped up. I want to cycle 100 miles in one ride and want to do it before the summer ends. MyVemma should help me, as I'm going to need a lot of energy and that has for me been the big noticeable benefit of taking the drink everyday this month.

Watch this space!

Found a nice article in Mens Health for some more info of the benefits of the main fruit in Vemma...
"Each of the 43 xanthones in a mangosteen fruit targets a specific area of the body. One may act as an antioxidant, another as an anti-inflammatory, and a third as an anti-tumor agent.
Some people call them “adaptagens” for their ability to transform and benefit the body in different areas."

No comments:

Post a Comment