Friday 7 August 2009

MyVemma for fit sport

After getting shooting pains down leg last time, I was very cautious for my next now termed, 'recovery run'. I massaged, stretched, warmed up on the indoor cycle, stretched some more, used the massage stick and set off at an extremely slow pace hopefully the Vemma Ive been taking will help even a little.

I jogged using a forefront technique to limit impact on my joints. I'm normally a heal striker, so its an effort to run this way but I wasn't getting any shooting pain so carried on like this to the park. Once on the grass a sped up a little but kept the pace low. Stopping I did more stretches and also some sideways and backwards running to work all my leg muscles.

Throughout I could feel the original injury at the top of my hamstring so didn't push things but I'm happy it didn't get any further than being a niggle for the run.

My plan now is to not push the running for this last week and keep doing gentle short runs. No point risking making the injury worse and training at this stage would not help performance much anyway.

My cycling on the other hand is going very well. Went off on a huge hilly 96km road ride, the day before my successful test run with only a dose of Vemma in me. Was shattered by the end and got lost at least twice but so confident I can compete with the competition next Sunday for the 20km ride.

I'm getting towards the end of my first bottle of MyVemma for sport (well thats one of the reasons I'm taking it). I'm certainly feeling pretty energetic even after huge bike rides that would normally leave my shattered for the day. My general health has stayed pretty constant. Have not caught Swine Flu yet, so that's a bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment