Tuesday 25 August 2009


Yes, I'm back on the V! A new batch of Vemma arrived and I can now take my regular dose and do more updates on the MyVemma for Sport experiment. For starters I hope to get back some energy and get over my current injury. I have this hamstring strain that has reoccured recently, which means I can't run at the moment.

It's annoying not being able to run but if I rest sensably and don't try any jogging too soon I'll get over it quicker. Plan is to started some jogging on grass next week. This will be after a 2 week rest from running, and after I made the injury worse doing my recent duathlon.

Instead of running Ive been cycling for literally hundreds of miles. I'm nearly at 400 miles covered on my road bike for the month. All those miles has paid off with a new personnal best. The PB was for regular hill climb up the local notoriously steep 'Streatley Hill'. The Tour of Britain went up it last year and there is a yearly King of the Hills time trial also to test anyone daring enough to try it.

At the start of the season I was estatic to climb Streatley Hill in under 4 minutes for the first time ever after trying nearly every weekend last summer. Well, in the last few weeks Ive smashed my pb a couple of time. I'd got it down to a very respectible 03:49, then had another go last week. Somehow I managed to stay out of the saddle all the way up and go 03:36.

Today I tried again. This time without a saddle bag, tools, spares, pump or a drink. This saved me 4 and half pounds in weight and got me another pb of 3 mins 30 seconds. Very pleased with how much Ive taken off this time. Maybe my reintroduction of MyVemma and some extra energy will see my going under 3 and a half minutes. In reality though, I have a long way to go to beat the top hill climbers who race the Streatley Hill time trial. The fastest time is around 2 mins 21 seconds, totally amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment