Thursday 23 July 2009

MyVemma For Sport

Hello fitness buff :)

If you've found me then you are either into fitness, running, cycling or maybe looking at health drinks. I decided to write about a little experiment I'm starting to see if a new health drink Vemma (or sometimes called MyVemma) will help with my preparation and training for my first ever duathlon in just over 3 weeks time.

I don't expect miracles but it will be fun to see the outcome. Basically, I want to see if I'm seeing any improvements in my health and fitness over the next month that I can contribute to the Vemma health drink that has had plenty of hype with its benefits to curing or helping alleviate various medical ailments.

I like lists so here are some points I'd like to evaluate in the build up to the race and the recovery after...

- How quick will I recover from my hard training sessions? (Ive trained for marathons so have some idea of recovery times)

- People are prone to picking up colds and flu while training hard, will I avoid catching anything, including the dreaded swine flu!?!

- Will I notice any performance boost taking all these healthy fruits and ingredients? I won't be changing the rest of my diet which is average in terms of healthy eating.

- My general health. Will I see an improvement with all my general health issues - dry skin, hay fever and poor vision?

I think I have about a months supply and Ive taken 2 doses or shots so far. Anyway tonight is my first test. I have my local running clubs Summer Handicap. It's a tough 5 mile race around a local park; including 2 laps with a steep hill to contend with.

I'm feeling achy from an 8 mile walk yesterday but Im hopefull of a good time. Should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment