Wednesday 29 July 2009

Can MyVemma heal me?

Did a double session yesterday. Just over an hour cycle ride in the morning and a fast A group run in the evening.

The cycle ride was fast and furious. I did a road loop of 32km, which included some dual carriageway coming back into town. I went as fast as I could on this section; and as inspiration pretended I was on the front of Cavendish's lead out train on The Tour De France. Was pretty tired after and slept for an hour in the afternoon.

In the evening was a club run. I went with the A (fastest) group and kept to the front, so lead the group on a woodland run. Pushed it hard including some of the hills through the woods. Too hard in fact. I had to slow right down towards the end as a pain in my left hamstring developed. This is not good as this is the spot I was injured and out of running for 2 months earlier this year. With this in mind I've decided the skip this Thursday's club run and see if a rest helps things settle down.

Not too worried about this at the moment because Ive down plenty of running races and fast runs and Im in good shape. I can instead concentrate on my cycling and try to bring in some needed stamina there.

OK, the question is can Vemma help with recovery. I guess we'll see in the next few days. I gave myself a massage this morning and plan to book in for a much needed sports massage with my sports therapist next week.

The MyVemma for sport journey continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment